This podcast is hosted by R. J. Talyor, editor-in-chief of The New New Thing and Liz Prugh, managing editor of The New New Thing.
In this episode of The New New Thing Podcast, we feature one of Sumo’s growth and website optimization Specialists, Troy Stites. Sumo offers free tools to automate your site growth (as well as premium features.) The company’s main goal is to help small businesses boost their brand and revenue, and Troy joins us to share some of the expert tips in converting visitors to your social channels and website into paying customers.
In addition to being a growth expert at Sumo, Troy has found success monetizing his personal YouTube channel and shares insight into how you (and your brand) can do the same. What we found in our conversation is that as marketers, we already have the resources needed to take our engagement with our audience to the next step in becoming loyal customers. What’s missing are the tools and tactics to get us there. Tune in to learn how you can flip the funnel!
In this podcast, we discuss:
- The successes—and failures—Troy’s seen with marketers using images in their conversion tactics. (We answer which is better: stock photos, or original ones?);
- What your goals should be if you want to monetize your YouTube channel;
- How to tailor your lead capture forms on your website for maximum conversion. (The Sumo team has seen up to 70% conversion on its customers’ sites.);
- How—and why—to add value to your opt-in forms;
- The importance of balancing authenticity and risk with your marketing strategies;
- And for fun: We share some of our best (and embarrassing) screen names.
As a thank you for listening, use code newnew17 for a 10% lifetime discount on SumoPro! Visit Sumo to learn more about increasing growth on your website.