In this episode of The New New Thing podcast, we feature special guest Sujan Patel. Sujan is a widely-recognized growth marketer and and co-founder of WebProfits, Inc. Sujan joins hosts R. J. Talyor, Editor-in-Chief of The New New Thing, Liz Prugh, Managing Editor of The New New Thing, and Despi Ross, VP of Customer Success for Quantifi, to talk all things content and marketing for 2017. The group also gets insight into Sujan’s extremely adventurous extracurriculars (jumping out of planes, driving race cars), and how they help motivate his business efforts.
As marketers, we are constantly bogged down in keeping up a with our digital responsibilities: presence on several social channels, consistent growth, etc. Because of this, it’s challenging — and daunting — to think about trying new things. In this podcast, we break down those common struggles and effective solutions, as well as:
- How to identify pockets of potential customers and followers through new methods of marketing experimentation;
- Sujan’s Snapchat experiment, (which he dedicated a phone to), and the expectations he set;
- How marketers get over the fear of experimenting on new and different social channels;
- Being comfortable with failure, and talking about how failure and experiencing failure are two different things;
- Bonus round: The group shares some of their most adventurous travel stories where they went way outside of their comfort zone, as well as where they each go for comfort and to unwind. (Spoiler: Most of the answers revolved around TV!)
Featured image: The Huffington Post