This podcast is hosted by R. J. Talyor, editor-in-chief of The New New Thing, Liz Prugh, managing editor of The New New Thing, and Despi Ross, VP of Customer Experience at High Alpha. New episodes are published every Monday.
We are thrilled to feature Yext CMO Jeff Rohrs on this week’s podcast! Jeff is a charismatic and successful bacon-lover, thought leader, author, and marketer. His work includes his book Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans, and Followers, which discusses how “proprietary audience development is now a core marketing responsibility, and the flip-side of content marketing and a modern marketing imperative.”
At Yext, Jeff leads the marketing organization in promoting the value of The Yext Knowledge Engine™, which lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network.
In this podcast, we discuss the current evolution of marketing, specifically:
- The fundamental shift that has happened with businesses’ ability—and responsibility—to manage their digital knowledge for publishing and make public for consumers to access, and the risk if they create and put out inaccurate information.
- The one thing that will never change when it comes to your customers: They will always want to connect with people. We break down how to keep up with and scale this, especially when it comes to leveraging martech.
- The challenges with marketing AI and why marketers need to be more strategic than ever when evaluating new artificial intelligence technologies.
- Resources: The balance of technology and people when it comes to marketing.
- Why it is crucial to look at the media that you market through:
“[Ensure] that you have good diversity and challenge some of your assumptions, because you are not necessarily your customer. They could be using very different media, and you are not marketing to yourself, you are marketing to them. [You] need to align accordingly.” — Jeff Rohrs on The New New Thing Podcast
Want to be featured on our podcast? Reach out to email@example.com.
Featured image via: Yext