Our latest podcast features guest Heike Young, Content Innovation Lead at Salesforce and co-host of Salesforce’s podcast, Marketing Cloudcast. Heike joins hosts R. J. Talyor, editor-in-chief of The New New Thing, Liz Prugh, managing editor of The New New Thing, and Drew Beechler, research analyst at High Alpha Venture Studios.
The group dives into Heike’s success with Salesforce’s award-winning podcast Marketing Cloudcast, discovering best practices for starting a podcast and retaining an audience:
- Heike’s “blanket fort”: Heike shares her DIY-way of recording the best sound in her home studio;
- What your initial goals should be when starting your first podcast and the first thing to do when launching;
- How Heike and her team went from “wow, we have no clue how to do this,” to winning the Content Marketing Institute’s Best Podcast award in a year;
- How to leverage your internal employees to drive listeners and raise awareness;
- Bonus: The group shares their favorite podcasts to listen to.
Featured image: Salesforce