In this week’s episode we’re thrilled to feature Torchlite founding partner and CEO and pioneer for women in tech Susan Marshall. Susan comes from an impressive background in technology, with over 20 years of experience deeply involved in the rapid evolution of digital video, audio, mobile, social and data management technologies. Her professional background consists of product management and marketing for some of the most successful tech companies in the world – Apple, Adobe, and Salesforce.
In 2015, Susan co-founded Torchlite, a software and services solution that helps marketers get more done by connecting expert freelance talent, campaigns, and existing marketing technology into one single campaign management platform.
We pick Susan’s brain on her experience, trends in marketing, and how she’s built her successful business.
Tune in for details on:
- Susan’s thoughts and reflections from her time working at Apple: What tech leaders like Steve Jobs were and are always focused on;
- Why team building is crucial: How Susan’s embedded a team-culture with the massive network of freelancers at Torchlite;
- Torchlite’s massive growth: Challenges being on a fast-growth path and what she’s found is key to scaling growth (hint: it’s rooted in the people you hire!);
- How to stay balanced: How she manages her time and keeps her eye on the prize;
- Marketing experiments: Ones that have succeeded—and failed—and what she’s learned from them;
- The gig economy: Where it’s going and what it will look like in the years to come.
Learn more about Torchlite and becoming a Torchliter:
In addition to its daily success with clients, Torchlite recently secured $2M in funding and announced former Salesforce Marketing Cloud CEO Scott McCorkle as executive chairman and current Yext CMO Jeff Rohrs in a Board Director role. To get more involved with Torchlite, see how you can become a Torchliter, and follow Susan and Torchlite on Twitter @s_marshall and @Torchlite for more marketing tips!
Want to be featured on our podcast? Reach out to email@example.com.